Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
"This bouncy little number will toss unwanted visitors right off your property!"
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3 & 4||Level 5|
- The Spring Trap bounces enemy ground troops off the battlefield, effectively instantly destroying them, depending on their housing space occupation. Each Spring Trap can bounce off a certain number of housing space worth of troops; upgrading the Spring Trap increases its capacity to launch troops.
- Like other traps, the Spring Trap requires re-arming after it has been activated. Doing so is free and occurs automatically once the player logs into the game.
- The Spring Trap is unable to affect troops that take up more housing space than it can launch. As the max level Spring Trap has a capacity of 18 housing space, troops with more than 18 housing space are unaffected, such as the P.E.K.K.A or Golem. The Spring Trap also has no effect on Heroes or Pets.
- The Spring Trap has a short activation delay. Units with a movement speed of 32 or above, such as the Goblin, can move across it unaffected unless they stop on top of the trap. Units that are slightly slower, such as an Archer, can also avoid the trap by simply passing over a corner of the Spring Trap's tile.
- If you suspect that a certain location (such as a gap in the Wall]) has a Spring Trap, try to absorb the trap by using high housing-space units such as a P.E.K.K.A or Golem since the Spring Trap will not be able to affect these units (or launch many of them, if they are able to do so). The Barbarian King can be used for this purpose as well, as he too is unaffected. If you have neither, try to trigger it with a single expandable troop, such as a Barbarian.
- If put in a strategical way, Spring Traps can ruin a raid, including the infamous Giant-Healer combo.
- Spring Traps can be placed near or around the Town Hall, so you can get rid of large numbers of Troops closing in.
- A sound strategy for Spring Traps is to place them in an intentionally-designed Wall gap. As troops will generally tend to go through the gap rather than fight their way through the Wall, they will be directed right over the Spring Trap and be bounced to their death. Remember, Spring Traps are one-time-use and until being re-armed it will leave an undefended gap in the Wall after an attacker has triggered it.
- A modified version of this strategy is to place Walls inside your base so that the enemy Troops have to walk over the Spring Trap to attack nearby buildings.
- You can also place them in front of commonly-targeted Walls to stop Wall Breakers from breaking them, forcing the attacker to deploy a second wave if they have one or be disadvantaged in the attack. However, this fails to deter Super Wall Breakers, as the Spring Trap will instead instantly trigger its Mega Bomb ability.
- You can place them in between Defensive Buildings to take out Giants or place them in between Resource Buildings to take out Goblins.
- Some Spring Trap upgrades are better than others, even though each upgrade adds the same amount to its maximum capacity. Upgrading the Spring Trap to level 4, for example, enables the Spring Trap to launch an Ice Golem, 2 Valkyries, 3 Giants or 3 Hog Riders, one more than at the previous level. This contrasts with upgrading it to level 3, which does not majorly change its interactions with ground units (only really springing off two extra Barbarians or similar troops).
- Troops with abilities that activate on their destruction can still activate these abilities when getting bounced off a Spring Trap. For example, if an Ice Golem is launched, it still freezes nearby structures and enemy troops since it was technically defeated on the spot.
- The Spring Trap undergo significant visual changes at level 3 and 5.
- When first constructed, the Spring Trap consists of a wooden plank and brass spring, with one end of the spring attached to a wooden disc (which is fixed to the ground by nails) and the other fixed to the plank.
- At level 3, the Spring Trap's spring becomes a lot thicker, as well as the wood.
- At level 5, the Spring Trap now has encased metal reinforcements on the edges.
- The May 2016 update added upgraded levels to Spring Traps.
- Since the Spring Trap doesn't actually do damage to Troops, troops bounced away by them will make neither upon-death skulls nor tombstones.
- Due to this non-damaging property, troops under the Eternal Tome of the Grand Warden are not immune to Spring Traps.
- If you look carefully, the Spring Trap's range actually extends out just enough to see the range circle.
- Excluding Walls, you can place down 9 Spring Traps in the Home Village, which is the most of one structure/trap allowed.
- It is the only trap to appear in loading screen images.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Spring Trap, such as Level, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Spring Trap to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Spring Trap is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Spring Trap to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Spring Trap is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Trigger Radius||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|0.8 tiles||Bounces away troops||Ground||None|