"This bouncy little number will toss unwanted visitors right off your property!"
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3 & 4||Level 5|
- The Spring Trap bounces troops off the battlefield, effectively causing instant death to the first group of enemies that step on it, bouncing up to 15 housing units of Troops at level 1 and more at higher levels. For example, a level 1 Spring Trap will bounce 15 Archers or 3 Giants.
- Like other traps, the Spring Trap requires re-arming after it has been activated. Doing so is free and occurs automatically once the player logs into the game.
- P.E.K.K.As, Golems and Heroes are unaffected by any level of Spring Traps due to the fact that they take more than 19 housing spaces.
- Golemites are still affected by Spring Traps, however.
- The Spring Trap often does not affect the Goblin either, but this is because the Goblin is too fast for the Spring Trap to bounce it away (it usually is able to move out of range before the Spring Trap has the opportunity to affect it). However, if the Goblin doesn't continue moving once the Spring Trap has been triggered (stopping to attack a resource building, for instance), it will be bounced similar to a Barbarian or Archer. Also, if there is a horde of Goblins, the Spring Trap will bounce the Goblins in the back, since the Goblin in front triggered it first.
- Offensive Strategy
- Defensive Strategy
- If put in a strategical way, Spring Traps can ruin a raid, including the infamous Giant-Healer combo.
- Spring Traps can be placed near or around the Town Hall, so you can get rid of large numbers of Troops closing in.
- A sound strategy for Spring Traps is to place them in an intentionally-designed wall gap. As Troops will generally tend to go through the gap rather than fight their way through the wall, they will be directed right over the trap and be bounced to their death. Remember, however, that Spring Traps are one-time-use and until being re-armed it will leave an undefended gap in the wall after an attacker has triggered it.
- You can place them in between Defensive Buildings to take out Giants or place them in between Resource Buildings to take out Goblins.
- Upgrading the Spring Trap to levels 3 and 5 is not considered to be as useful as upgrading to other levels, since 17 and 19 (the spring capacity for the respective Spring Trap levels) are prime numbers and bouncing an extra Barbarian or Archer usually won't help that much.
- Upgrade Differences
- At level 3, the Spring Trap's spring becomes a lot thicker, as well as the wood.
- At level 5, the Spring Trap now has encased metal reinforcements on the edges.
- The May 2016 update added upgraded levels to Spring Traps.
- Since the Spring Trap doesn't actually do damage to Troops, troops bounced away by them will make neither upon-death skulls nor tombstones.
- Due to this non-damaging property, troops under the Eternal Tome of the Grand Warden are not immune to Spring Traps.
- If you look carefully, the Spring Trap's range actually extends out just enough to see the range circle.
- Icon Descriptions
Tapping this icon displays information about the Spring Trap/Home Village, such as Level, Damage Type and Targets. Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Spring Trap/Home Village to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Spring Trap/Home Village is at maximum level, this icon is not shown. Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Spring Trap/Home Village to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Spring Trap/Home Village is at maximum level, this icon is not shown. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.