- The Super Barbarian is a Super Troop based on the Barbarian. It can be unlocked by boosting the Barbarian when the Barbarian is at least level 8.
- Boosting the Barbarian requires 25,000 Dark Elixir or a Super Potion, and doing so allows the Barbarian to be boosted for 3 days. The level of Super Barbarian you obtain from the boost corresponds to the level of Barbarian you have.
- The Super Barbarian is a melee (close range) unit with high damage per second and a good amount of hitpoints for his housing space. Additionally, his Rage ability allows him to have increased speed and damage for the first 8 seconds after he's deployed, similar to Raged Barbarians from the Builder Base.
- Because of the level requirement, players require Town Hall 11 in order to boost Barbarians into Super Barbarians. However, because of the Laboratory level cap, players require a level 5 Clan Castle or greater in order to get donated one, allowing anyone Town Hall 9 or above to get one.
- Super Barbarians have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Super Barbarians will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- The Super Barbarian can be used for funneling, as their higher health allows them to last longer than normal Barbarians (especially against splash damage defenses); their Rage ability also allow them to single-handedly pick off buildings within seconds.
- The Super Barbarian can act as a mini-tank after it loses their rage, with a health per space similar to a Valkyrie. They are also better since they are less likely to go too far ahead of supporting troops, as they move slower (not under ability) and do not move greater distances (between buildings) than other troops.
- The Super Barbarian can prove useful as a farming troop, like the Sneaky Goblin. They can also be more versatile than Sneaky Goblins as an attack (having more potential to obtain 1-star and 2-star wins).
- You can consider using them in as Clan Castle reinforcements as they can provide a good support wherever needed. Keep in mind that their 8 seconds of rage needs to be used well.
- Single-target defenses such as the Cannon or weak multi-target defenses such as the Mortar are weak to Super Barbarians, so try to attack bases with those on the outside.
- Placing other tanks like a Giant down can allow Super Barbarians to survive for longer, so if there is high DPS, you can use one if necessary.
- The number one defense that can kill your Super Barbarians is the Scattershot, followed by the Eagle Artillery. Consider using Lightning and Earthquake Spells to destroy them.
- Super Barbarians usually do not need spell support, and if anything they could use a Freeze Spell. In groups of 5 or 6, they can mow down buildings in one or two shots without their ability.
- Despite this, Lightning Spells can be useful for farming, in order to damage resource collectors that are out of reach of Super Barbarians. Rage Spells are also useful to give the Super Barbarians second wind, when their own rage abilities have expired.
- This troop can be used in the Clan Castle for defense. It shreds tanks (such as Giants and P.E.K.K.A) if there aren't any reinforcements for the tank. In this regard, it does exceedingly well until it loses its ability where it performs rather mediocre. However, the Super Barbarian cannot attack air troops, and due to it being single target, cannot handle swarms of troops well.
- It is best to have several small troops (Goblins or Archers) along with the Super Barbarian so they can distract enemy troops while the Super Barbarian attacks. The Super Barbarian also can tank for other defending troops, being able to effectively cover fast troops that are deployed after them (e.g. Headhunters) due to their fast movement speed while enraged.
- Heavy splash defenses such as the Scattershot can destroy the Super Barbarians unless running straight towards it. Consider avoiding places nearby one.
- Super Barbarians have great value until they run out of their ability. Consider keeping Cannons and Mortars protected by Walls to soak up their ability. If you think that there will only be one or two, you can protect your point defenses with only a few bad buildings.
|March 30, 2020||Update||Added the Super Barbarian, with levels 8 and 9.|
|April 12, 2021||Update||
- You can have a maximum of 60 Super Barbarians at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 69 if you include the 9 that can fit into a level 9 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 28 Super Barbarians with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle), for a total of 97 Super Barbarians.
- The Super Barbarian is called "Elite Barbarian" in the game files. However, it is the level 6-7 regular Barbarian, rather than the Super Barbarian, that shares the Iron Helmet with the Clash Royale Elite Barbarians.
- Super Barbarians under their ability have the highest damage per housing space in the game at 68 (Followed by Sneaky Goblins at 63 and 1/3).
- In their artwork, they have a red border on their headpiece but in battle, the border is not there.
- The Super Barbarian's features (long hair, headband, and a shoulder armor) are based on barbarians stereotype.
- The Super Barbarian's ability is similar to that of the Raged Barbarian from the Builder Base.
- On their belt, they have an emblem resembling a standard skull, not a Super Troops skull. This may be because in the Super Giant description, they have a Super Troop logo belt that is from an eating contest, and the Super Barbarians probably did not win one. Additionally, it appears to resemble the "Miniature" Super Troop logo from the early stages of the Super Troop Barrel.
- The Super Barbarian, Super Giant, Sneaky Goblin, and Super Wall Breaker were the first Super Troops to be added in the game.
- The Super Barbarian is one of the five units associated with Barbarians, the others being the Raged Barbarian, Barbarian King, Battle Ram, and the Pumpkin Barbarian.
- The Super Barbarian is one of the 4 troops to have a spell-like effect when deployed, including the Baby Dragon, Raged Barbarian, and Rocket Balloon.
- The Super Barbarian, along with the Sneaky Goblin, Rocket Balloon, and Super Minion are the only Super Troops to have abilities that are temporary.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range||Special Ability||Rage Movement Speed Increase||Rage Damage Increase|
|None||Melee (Ground Only)||5||20||0.8s||0.6 tiles||Rage||16||70%|
|Boost Cost||Boost Duration||Barbarian Level Required|
|Training Time of Super Barbarians|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks||3 Barracks||4 Barracks|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints|
- The Super Barbarian is a troop available in the Clan Capital, available when the Super Barbarian Barracks is constructed (this occurs automatically after the Barbarian Camp district is unlocked, when the Capital Hall is upgraded to level 2).
- The Super Barbarian is a melee (close range) unit with high damage per second and a good amount of hitpoints for his housing space. Additionally, his Rage ability allows him to have increased speed and damage for the first 8 seconds after he's deployed, similar to both Super Barbarians in the Home Village and Raged Barbarians in the Builder Base.
- Much like Super Barbarians in the Home Village and Raged Barbarians in the Builder Base, Super Barbarians can be used as 'clean up troops' to dispose of isolated buildings (especially those that are undefended by any defense and trap), like clan houses and other defenseless buildings, to ensure a 3-star successful raid.
- Another popular strategy is to deploy many Super Barbarians (5 or more) to utilize their combined rage, and easily wipe out the first line of simple defenses like Cannons, Spear Throwers and Air Defenses, allowing other troops to travel and attack more significantly threatening defenses.
- Use a Healing Spell to keep the barbarians going and a Rage Spell would also be helpful when they barbarians run out of their rage.
- While Super Barbarians may have decent health (as a tank), they are still vulnerable to high DPS defenses such as the Multi Cannon, that are designed to take down high health troop(s) quickly, especially the Super Giant. Multi Mortars and Bomb Towers are also viable to get rid of hordes of Super Barbarians, the former able to snipe them from a safe distance and the latter able to deal death damage, severely damaging the Super Barbarians. Adding a Mega Mine alongside the Bomb Tower's death damage will kill a horde of them.
- You can have a maximum of 50 Super Barbarians at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps.
||Rage Movement Speed Increase
||Rage Damage Increase|
|None||Melee (Ground Only)||5||14||0.8s||0.45 tiles||Rage||16||70%|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Hit
|Clan Capital Army|
|Troops||Super Barbarian • Sneaky Archers • Super Giant • Battle Ram (Barbarian) • Minion Horde • Super Wizard • Rocket Balloons • Skeleton Barrels (Skeleton) • Flying Fortress (Skeleton Glider • Skeleton) • Raid Cart (Siege Cart • Barbarian) • Super P.E.K.K.A • Hog Raiders • Super Dragon • Mountain Golem|
|Spells||Healing Spell • Jump Spell • Lightning Spell • Frost Spell • Rage Spell|