Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Levels 8, 9 & 10|
- The Super Minion is a Super Troop based on the Minion. It can be unlocked by boosting the Minion when the Minion is at least level 8.
- Boosting the Minion requires 25,000 Dark Elixir or a Super Potion, and doing so allows the Minion to be boosted for 3 days. The level of Super Minion you obtain from the boost corresponds to the level of Minion you have.
- Because of the level requirement, players require Town Hall 12 in order to boost Minions into Super Minions. However, because of the Laboratory level cap, players require a level 6 Clan Castle or greater in order to get donated one, allowing anyone Town Hall 10 or above to get one.
- The Super Minion is a much larger Minion who fires rockets from a long distance to attack. Its Long Shot ability enables it to fire its first five shots at a very long range. Unlike the regular Minion, the Super Minion can be detected and attacked by Seeking Air Mines.
- Super Minions have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Super Minions will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Consider using a Rage Spell to maximize the amount of damage your Super Minions do with their long-distance attacks. With some precision, you can place a Rage Spell so that the Super Minions will be in its area of effect from a distance and up close, getting the most value out of it.
- Their long-range attacks from their ability allow them to outrange any defenses with a range of 10 tiles or less. This includes Archer Towers, Air Defenses, multi-target or single-target Inferno Towers, Bomb Towers, Scattershots and any Town Hall weapon. Saving a few Super Minions (together with a Rage Spell to boost damage if required) to snipe or finish off an exposed Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno can be a viable strategy.
- The travel time of the Long Shot projectiles is long enough such that if the Super Minion is sufficiently far enough from its target building, the Super Minion will fire another shot before the first shot lands. As a result, when sniping low-hitpoint buildings in this way, the Super Minion will end up wasting one more shot than needed to destroy a building, and so when attacking non-defensive buildings, its Long Shot is best used on buildings with a considerable amount of hitpoints like resource storages or the Clan Castle. Alternatively, one can also use other troops to clear these non-defensive buildings before deploying the Super Minions.
- Once the Long Shots run out, the Super Minion will also need some time to move to the shorter-range position from which it attacks thereafter, during which it is vulnerable to the mercy of defenses. Because of its slow movement speed, if you are not already using a Rage Spell as above to buff its speed, you can also use a Haste Spell to get it to its short-range position quickly.
- A Super Minion’s Long Shot ability, high damage per second, and flexibility to target both ground and air troops make it a useful defensive troop. If you combine Super Minions with shorter-range troops like Balloons or Dragons, attackers will not be able to catch both groups of defensive troops with a single Poison Spell without taking heavy damage from either group (or if that's possible, positioning the spell to hit both groups will be difficult).
- For example, combining Super Minions with Headhunters in defense will be able to effectively shut down unprepared Queen Walks or Charges. Such a Queen Walk/Charge will need at least two spells to deal with both groups (e.g. Poison to slow down the Super Minions, and a Freeze Spell to stop the Headhunters from doing massive damage to the Archer Queen).
- It can be handy to distract the Super Minion with unimportant buildings such as Barracks, Army Camps and possibly resource collectors and storages depending on the situation) so that their Long Shot abilities are wasted on them. Defend these buildings to prevent attackers from utilizing other troops like Archers to clear these buildings. Distracting Skeleton Trap skeletons are also useful in this regard, especially if the attacker triggers it by another air troop in a way that the Super Minion uses a Long Shot from far enough to attack the Skeletons.
- An Air Sweeper can prove useful against Super Minions because of their slow movement speed, and can allow the rest of your defenses an opening to attack especially once the Super Minion runs out of Long Shot attacks.
|October 11, 2020||Announced the Super Minion, with levels 8 and 9.|
|October 12, 2020||Added the Super Minion.|
|April 12, 2021||
- You can have a maximum of 25 Super Minions at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 28 if you include the 3 that can fit into a level 8 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 12 Super Minions with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle), for a total of 40 Super Minions.
- The Super Minion seems to be a Minion fused with the ability of a Beta Minion and the size of a Mega Minion from Clash Royale.
- The Super Minion, along with the Super Archer, Sneaky Goblin, Rocket Balloon, and the Super Bowler are the only Super Troops to have icons that are used from the info image.
- The Super Minion, along with the Super Barbarian, Sneaky Goblin, and Rocket Balloon are the only Super Troops to have abilities that are temporary.
- According to an Autumn 2020 Dev Update, the Super Minion is inspired by concept sketches of the Yeti, where the Yeti was originally going to be a bigger, chunkier and beefier Minion called the "Giant Minion".
- The rockets the Super Minion carries have yellow color at the tip of the warheads in the picture, but none of the warheads have them in battle.
- The Super Minion's attack is similar to the Firecracker from Clash Royale's attack.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type
||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range||Special Ability|
|None||Single Target||12||16||1s||4 tiles
10 tiles (Long Shot)
|Boost Cost||Minion Level Required|
|Training Time of Super Minions|
|1 Dark Barracks||2 Dark Barracks|
|3m 36s||1m 48s|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Shot||Hitpoints||Training Cost|