Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1||Level 2 & 3|
- The Tornado Trap is the last trap to be unlocked, being unlocked at Town Hall level 11. When triggered, it sucks in attacking troops and does small damage to them.
- Its effect depends on the housing space of the troops affected; smaller troops will be more heavily affected than larger ones. All troops, Heroes and Siege Machines, except Miners, will be affected if it enters the radius of the trap.
- The effect is rated on a numbered scale of 1 to 5; each troop and hero is assigned a value of anywhere between 1 and 5. This assigned value is calculated by dividing the unit's housing space by 3 and rounding up (this assigned value is capped at 5). The higher the assigned value, the less spinning effect the Tornado Trap will have on that unit. For the purpose of this calculation, Heroes have an assigned value of 5, and Siege Machines have an assigned value of one.
- The Tornado Trap also deals a small amount of damage per second to all units within its radius. As the trap lasts longer at higher levels, it deals more damage overall at higher levels.
- The Tornado Trap will not prevent units from attacking if they can attack targets still in range.
- You can use the Tornado Trap to pull in ranged units and make them lose their range advantage. While they may still be able to attack while trapped in the tornado, you can take advantage of this by placing high-DPS buildings to quickly destroy them, you can also place other traps near the Tornado Trap to trigger them on grouped up enemies.
- Placing the Tornado Trap in front of Walls that Wall Breakers would target can prevent them from attacking said Walls which can disrupt plans of the attacker.
- The Tornado Trap is very effective against mobile Siege Machines, and is capable of stalling them considerably.
- You can put an Inferno Tower near the Tornado Trap to finish off any tank (if set to single) or to take down hordes of units (if set to multiple).
- You can place an Air Bomb or a Giant Bomb near the Tornado Trap to get a lot of damage done.
- Placing a Tornado Trap near the Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno can stall attacking reinforcements deployed near them by a Wall Wrecker or Battle Blimp. The strategy is particularly useful if the reinforcement consists of Balloons, who need to be on top of the Town Hall to do damage to it.
- If ground troops are pulled into a Wall by a Tornado Trap, they will get stuck on the Wall and be unable to move until the trap's effect ends, even if they are able to bypass Walls innately. This can be used in many different ways, such as trapping units to be hit by splash defenses, or stalling a heroes from attacking.
- Put a Tornado Trap right next to the blind spot of the Eagle Artillery or the Scattershot to pull them away from the blind spot and also let the Eagle Artillery and the Scattershot to wipe out the Army especially when a lot of Balloons is attacking them.
- Miners are not sucked in by this trap, even when above ground. This makes them viable options for dealing against a Tornado trap.
- Use some low health troops like Barbarian or Goblin to trigger the Tornado Trap so that the Army at the back can push without the Tornado Trap interrupting and wiping out them.
- The Tornado Trap goes through a visual change at Level 2.
- When initially constructed, the Tornado Trap appears as a metallic spiral tube that is covered by a hatch on the ground.
- At level 2, the Tornado Trap gains a large darker metal piece at the end of the tube.
- The Tornado Trap was added in the October 23, 2018 "Clan War Leagues" update, with 3 levels.
- The April 2, 2019 update reduced the vortex duration of the Tornado Trap at each level and Tornado Trap, along with other traps now automatically re-arm for free when you log back into the game.
- Level 1: 6s reduced to 5s.
- Level 2: 8s reduced to 6s.
- Level 3: 10s reduced to 7s.
- It is currently the only trap to originate from Clash Royale, which is the Tornado card.
- Like the Freeze Trap and Shrink Trap, which are temporary traps, the Tornado Trap takes the form of a spell placed in a trap door.
- Out of all the traps, the Tornado Trap has the least damage.
- The info image of the Tornado Trap, in a similar fashion to temporary traps, uses the in-game sprite rather than a custom art.
- Excluding the temporary traps, the Tornado Trap is the only trap to only have one of its kind available.
- The Tornado is the trap that has the fewest levels, being 3.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Tornado Trap, such as Level, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Tornado Trap to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Tornado Trap is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Tornado Trap to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Tornado Trap is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Damage Per Second||Trigger Radius||Damage Radius||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|8||3 tiles||3 tiles||Area Splash||Ground & Air (except Miner)||None|
|Unarmed Tornado Trap|