Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
- The Giga Inferno is a defensive weapon fitted onto the level 13 Town Hall. It is implied that rather than a change of weapon, it is like a direct upgrade for the Giga Tesla with a different appearance, like most defenses when upgrading to new levels. While the name of the weapon and attack effect are different from Giga Tesla, the basic nature of the weapon hasn't changed.
- Most statistics of the level 5 Giga Tesla carry over to the level 1 Giga Inferno: namely its DPS, range, number of targets, damage when destroyed. The only thing that changes is the attack speed; because the Giga Inferno attacks with inferno beams similar to the Inferno Tower, it attacks much faster than the Giga Tesla (but compensates by doing less damage per hit). The retargeting time of the inferno beams are the same as the electric arcs from Giga Tesla, but it has less overflow damage.
- The Giga Inferno deals very high damage per second to multiple targets at once. It only emerges when the Town Hall is damaged, or when 51% of the base is destroyed.
- Before the Giga Inferno emerges in a battle, the Town Hall is not treated as a defensive building, and defense-targeting troops like Giants will not attack it while other defenses remain. Once the Giga Inferno is active, these troops will be able to target the Town Hall alongside the existing defenses.
- When the Giga Inferno is upgraded to level 3 and beyond, in addition to dealing its normal damage, the death bomb explodes with a slowing effect when the Town Hall is destroyed, the effect time increasing with each upgrade. Unlike the freezing effect of the Freeze Spell, it only slows down the attacking troops' movement and attack speed, like an Ice Golem or Ice Hound attacking a defense and its fire rate slowing down.
- The levels of the Giga Inferno are denoted by the number of stars that can be seen when tapping on a Town Hall 13. Roman numerals on the side of the Town Hall also show the level of the Giga Inferno inside. This is more important than the denotation of the Giga Tesla as the visual upgrade difference of the Town Hall and the weapon itself is not as dramatic.
Strategy and Tips
- The Giga Inferno can be extremely dangerous; it can be compared to a multi-targeting Inferno Tower, except dealing much more damage than one. You can consider using a Freeze Spell on the Giga Inferno to stop it from wreaking havoc on your troops.
- Even at level 2, the Giga Inferno has the same damage per target as the middle tier of a level 7 single-target Inferno Tower.
- Compared to the Giga Tesla, the Giga Inferno's faster firing rate allows it to burn through hordes of smaller units much faster, so even at level 1 the Giga Inferno can be a major threat.
- Sometimes it is bad (for the defending side) for the Giga Inferno to be triggered as then defense-targeting troops (e.g. Giants, Balloons, Golems) can then attack the Town Hall. It is good to have a single-target Inferno Tower nearby to counteract this.
- It can be useful to use a single Earthquake Spell to activate the Giga Inferno so that defense-targeting troops such as Balloons can path towards and target the Town Hall. This is often best done when these troops are close to the Town Hall so that the Giga Inferno gets less time to fire upon these troops.
- Like the multi-target Inferno Tower and Giga Tesla, the Giga Inferno will not be able to use its full damage output if attacking only a single target. This means Queen Charges attacking the Town Hall (if not protected by any other defenses) will usually be able to take it down as long as the Healers stay out of range. However, Giga Infernos (especially at higher levels) can do more damage than the Healers can heal by themselves, so a Rage Spell may be required to boost their output.
- When going against Giga Inferno, be prepared for its explosion if you destroy it, as it can easily wipe out many smaller troops, including Bowlers and Balloons, and also significantly hurt your larger troops and heroes. The Grand Warden's Eternal Tome ability can be useful to prevent the explosion damage from hurting or killing your troops, but will not prevent the explosion from freezing your troops.
- Miners will be able to burrow before the explosion occurs, so they'll be safe unless they resurface too early.
- The explosion radius, while significant, is smaller than the range of the Giga Inferno. Long-ranged units like the Archer Queen can stay clear of the blast if they do not move towards the Town Hall before it explodes.
- If the Town Hall is isolated with a large empty space around it, as is usually the case in anti 2-star bases, it can often be useful to allow a lone Wall Wrecker or Battle Blimp (loaded with high damage Clan Castle troops, such as P.E.K.K.As, Valkyries or Balloons) to target the Town Hall while the rest of the army can be used to clear the buildings around the sides. If you manage to take down the Town Hall with the Siege Machine, the explosion will likely only affect any Clan Castle troops you used to take it down, and you can use the Warden's ability elsewhere (against the Eagle Artillery, for example).
After each upgrade, the roman numerals on the side of the Town Hall change accordingly to the Giga Inferno's level. The Giga Inferno itself changes at each level.
- At level 1, a head similar to that of a Multi-Target Inferno Tower is on a black pole.
- At level 2, the black pole now has a gray metal ring around it.
- At level 3, the Giga Inferno grows in size and now has metal stripes down the side of it.
- At level 4, the pole becomes thicker and has a gold ring around the neck of it.
- At level 5, the Giga Inferno grows again and the pole changes in shape and is a lot bigger. Lava is more visibly shown surrounding the Giga Inferno's neck.
The base of the Town Hall changes with each upgrade.
- At level 2, the base gains some small stones around the Town Hall.
- At level 3, there is a hole like a moat with blue glow that is between the Town hall and the stones.
- At level 4, the surrounding stones are reinforced with some small purple plates and the shape changes slightly.
- At level 5, the hole is patched with some ice, removing the glow.
- The Giga Inferno (TH13) was introduced with the Town Hall level 13 in December 9, 2019 update.
- The Giga Inferno represents a bigger version of Inferno Tower in multi-target mode.
- The damage upon destruction mechanics of the Giga Inferno (and the Giga Tesla) could have been inspired by the Bomb Tower. The slowing could have been inspired by many troops and spells from Clash Royale.
- The targeting multiple non-adjacent troops mechanics of the Giga Inferno (and the Giga Tesla) could have been inspired by the Inferno Tower in multi-target mode.
- Its triggering criteria could be inspired by the Clash Royale King's Tower: either taking damage or certain buildings are destroyed (in Clash Royale's case, a Princess Tower).
- If the Giga Inferno is under upgrade, it won't defend or explode (like with any other defensive building), and the Town Hall acts like a level 1-11 Town Hall. The upgrading Giga Inferno will not be targeted by defense-targeting troops, unlike other defensive buildings, which are targeted normally while under upgrade.
- The freeze effect that occurs when a level 3 or higher Giga Inferno is destroyed has a slightly larger area of effect than the explosion damage that occurs simultaneously. As a result, it is possible for troops to be affected by the freeze but be unharmed by the explosion.
||Damage per Second per Target
||Damage per Shot per Target
||Slowdown Time when Destroyed
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Unit Type Targeted||Number of Targets||Damage when Destroyed|
|10||0.128s||Ground & Air||4||1,000|
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|