- The Unicorn is the last Pet unlocked from the Pet House, when the Pet House is upgraded to level 4. It heals its assigned Hero just like a Healer does.
- Unlike Healers, however, the Unicorn can target both ground and air units.
- The Unicorn prioritizes the Hero that the Unicorn is paired to, and while active, Unicorn will follow the Hero and heal them whenever possible. If the Hero is knocked out, Unicorn will target other troops and heal them. If the Unicorn has no target to heal, it will simply remain stationary even if it is taking damage.
- Unlike other forms of healing, the Unicorn heals both Heroes and non-Heroes at the same rate; there is no "increased" healing rate for non-Heroes.
- The Unicorn is helpful when paired up with the Barbarian King (especially at hybrid attacks) so that the Barbarian King can stay alive for longer, cleaning the non-defensive buildings (e.g. Gold Mines, Elixir Collectors, non-defensive Builders' Huts, etc.). The Barbarian King's slow movement speed also allows the Unicorn to have a maximum healing potential.
- The Unicorn can substitute for a Healer in a Queen Walk because of its ability to heal its assigned Hero. This allows you to save 14 housing space in your army for other purposes, and when the Unicorn is sufficiently upgraded, it will have better healing output and hitpoints than the Healer.
- The Unicorn can get the ability of jumping over Walls if the hero it follows can.
- The Unicorn has the least hitpoints of any Pet, and so is very vulnerable to defenses. Generally, the assigned Hero should be able to protect it from single-target defenses, but there are defenses that can hit both the Hero and the Unicorn which should be watched out for. If the Unicorn is used to heal the air-mode Grand Warden, this is an even bigger problem, as the Warden will not be able to protect the Unicorn against ground-only defenses.
- Her slow movement speed can be an issue when using her with fast-moving Heroes like the Archer Queen or Royal Champion, as they can cause the Unicorn to lag behind over long distances and prevent her from utilizing her full healing potential (although regular Healers have the same problems, they have a longer range to make up for it).
- A Scattershot is often a good tool to damage Unicorns hiding behind their assigned Hero, because of its ability to attack units behind the main target. However, this does not work when the Unicorn is healing the Grand Warden in air-mode because Scattershot cannot hit aerial and grounded targets simultaneously.
- Other multi-targeting defenses like Inferno Towers and the weaponized Town Hall can also damage both the Unicorn and the hero if the hero is short-ranged.
|April 10, 2021||Announced the Unicorn, with 10 levels.|
|April 12, 2021||Added the Unicorn.|
|June 15, 2021||
- The Unicorn is the pet to have the slowest movement speed, being 16.
- Unlike the Healer, the battle does not end automatically if the Unicorn is the only unit left in the battle, and you have no more non-Healer troops or damaging Spells to deploy.
- Based on the release notes, the Unicorn may act like a lighthouse by using its glowing horn to help lost travelers.
|Preferred Healing Target||Healing Targets||Effect Type||Movement Speed||Healing Speed||Pet House Level Required||Healing Range||Special Ability|
|Hero||Ground and Air||Single Target||16||1s||4||2.5 tiles||Personal Healer|
||Healing per Second
||Healing per Pulse