Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3 & 4||Level 5||Level 6 & 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- The Valkyrie is a troop unlocked once the Dark Barracks is upgraded to level 3 which requires Town Hall level 8.
- She is a fierce warrior with flaming crimson hair, dressed in a long leather loincloth with matching leather brassiere and knee-high boots. She wields a massive double-bladed axe, which is about half of her size.
- Valkyries have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Valkyries will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Valkyries spin their axes around them as their method of attack, allowing them to attack multiple targets around them at once. They will run in between the buildings to do this when it is an ideal option. However, they will not run past a building to maximize spin effect.
- The Valkyrie can easily take out any exposed hero if there is a moderate amount of Valkyries; this makes the whole attack easier and more effective. However, using Valkyries only for that is a bad idea.
- Sending in one or two Valkyries along with an army of tough single-target troops is a very good idea since the Valkyries can mow down trash buildings quicker than the normal troops and can quickly defeat hordes of weak defending ground troops (from the Clan Castle or Skeleton Traps).
- The way Valkyries attack is by getting between at least two buildings and damaging all at the same time But if the buildings are not close to each other, then watch out for traps hidden around them. (e.g. A Barracks near another one around a hidden Bomb). This gives them a very high DPS per housing space considering this fact.
- Valkyries will immediately move to a different target right after killing an enemy troops or buildings, therefore resetting its attack pattern with little to no delay, potentially attacking multiple times every second as long as she keeps on one-shotting melee enemy troops such as a Barbarian.
- Valkyries are a worthy substitute for P.E.K.K.As in high-level attacks. They are relatively tanky and much faster than P.E.K.K.As. Their ability to eliminate Clan Castle troops, heroes and the core of a defending village with their area of effect attack is impressive and their effectiveness, when paired with Healing Spells, is also favorable when compared to P.E.K.K.As.
- Valkyries, when granted access to the core of the base, can destroy it with no problem. Help them get to the core with your Jump Spells and assist them with Rage, Clone, and Freeze Spells once they are inside.
- Rage Spells combined with Valkyries can make them freakishly fast; they can wipe out buildings extremely quickly, and easily kill defending heroes.
- She is used in a Town Hall 8 trophy pushing army popularly called as Go-Va-Wi (Golem, Valkyrie, Wizard). It is showcased in the Whirl Power level in Practice Mode.
- Valkyries are extremely powerful troops and can be a problem to deal with; they do a lot of damage and have quite a bit of health (although nowhere near as much as a Dragon, P.E.K.K.A, or Golem). Since her damage has a splash component, she can damage multiple buildings at once. Thus, it is not advised to group buildings together when defending against Valkyries.
- One exception is putting an Army Camp and another building together, as the Army Camp's hitbox is different from other buildings, as it does not extend out to the outside of the building, but can only be damaged at the center.
- Whenever Valkyries destroy a building, they will reposition themselves, which during that time, they could get shot down. Try to put buildings with different hitpoints together to hinder a Valkyrie army.
- Valkyries are wonderful Clan Castle troops. Their splash damage makes them extremely effective against large groups of lightly-armored, melee-range troops such as Barbarians and Goblins, though they are also very capable against groups of ranged troops such as Archers and even Wizards as well. On several occasions, players have reported Valkyries to have single-handedly destroyed entire Goblin and Barbarian raids. She can only attack ground troops, however, and is completely ineffective against aerial units. Her moderate health allows her to survive a few hits. Like with most troops, however, the Valkyrie is somewhat vulnerable to the Poison Spell.
- The Valkyrie is particularly deadly when deployed among Barbarians as part of the Clan Castle complement; although she is a much more powerful troop, she is approximately the same size and can easily be missed in a group of Barbarians. Often it will take a few moments for the attacking player to notice her and understand why their ground troops are dying so quickly.
- The Valkyrie attacks nearby buildings that are close to each other such as a Barracks near another one, so put traps around those buildings while making them close to each other as possible to deal damage or rid them.
- Spring Traps are not so effective against Valkyries for several reasons. Valkyries won't stop on top of a Spring Trap next to a building if the building is close to a Wall or another building. Even without the benefit of a Haste Spell or Rage Spell, they can sometimes outrun Spring Traps. Additionally, if the Spring Traps is level 3 or lower, it can only spring off one Valkyrie.
- The Valkyrie undergoes significant visual changes at levels 3 and 5.
- Initially, the Valkyrie is a fit, skinny woman with a steel axe. She wears a bra-like chest cover and a cloth covering her lower half.
- At level 3, the Valkyrie's steel axe turns to a golden one.
- At level 4, the Valkyrie attains a golden spin in her attack.
- At level 5, the Valkyrie wears a black furry tunic, similar to the level 6 Giant.
- At level 6, the Valkyrie wears a V-shaped crown on her head, and a side of her axe turns slightly brighter.
- At level 8, the Valkyrie's crown becomes slightly thicker and wing-like appendages are added, and the blades of her axe become silver and a thick golden knob is added. A decorative spike is now on the top of the axe. She looks similar to the Valkyrie Queen Skin.
- At level 9, the Valkyrie's crown and bracelet turn neon yellow. The center of her axe turns neon yellow and tapers to green.
- The Valkyrie was added into the game in the March 12 2013 "Dark Elixir Troops" update, with 4 levels. She was one of the first Dark Elixir troops to be added, along with the Minion and Hog Rider.
- The April 2013 "Leagues" update reduced the upgrade times of the Valkyrie at levels 2 and 3.
- The July 2013 update increased the damage of the Valkyrie at all levels, and also reduced her training costs at levels 1-3. Her damage at all levels was increased further in the September 2013 update.
- The January 2014 update increased the Valkyrie's hitpoints by about 20% at all levels.
- The July 2014 update reworked the Valkyrie's targeting AI to attack between two buildings within her attack range, making full use of her area splash damage. If one of the buildings is destroyed and if there are any adjacent buildings close by, she will move between the two buildings for a more efficient attack.
- The September 2014 update reduced the training time of Valkyries from 15 minutes to 8 minutes.
- The March 2016 update affected the Valkyrie in several areas:
- The level 5 Valkyrie was added.
- At all levels, the Valkyrie's damage was increased as was her initial attack speed (attacking almost immediately after reaching her target), but her hitpoints were also reduced.
- The upgrade times of level 2-4 Valkyries were reduced by 2 days.
- The sounds that she makes when attacking was also changed to sound similar to the Valkyrie in Clash Royale.
- A maintenance update on March 24, 2016 slightly reduced the hitpoints of level 2-4 Valkyries.
- A balance update on May 4, 2016 reduced the training time of the Valkyrie from 8 minutes to 5 minutes.
- The October 2016 update reduced the Valkyrie's base training time from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- The October 2017 update added the level 6 Valkyrie.
- The June 2018 "Town Hall 12" update added the level 7 Valkyrie.
- A balance update on June 26, 2018 reduced the upgrade times of level 2-6 Valkyries.
- The April 2019 "Season Challenges" update reduced the training costs of Valkyries at all levels, and reduced the upgrade times of level 2-5 Valkyries.
- A balance update in September 2019 increased the level 7 Valkyrie's hitpoints from 1,300 to 1,400. This was increased further to 1,450 in the December 2019 "Town Hall 13" update.
- The March 2020 update added the level 8 Valkyrie, and reduced the upgrade costs of level 2-5 Valkyries.
- The October 2020 update reduced the upgrade costs and times of level 2-6 Valkyries. The same update also added the Super Valkyrie, her Super Troop counterpart which could be boosted when upgraded to level 7.
- The April 2021 "Town Hall 14" update added the level 9 Valkyrie, and reduced upgrade costs and times of level 2-7 Valkyries.
- The Valkyrie has the same original face design as the Archer.
- You can have a maximum of 37 Valkyries at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 42 if you include the 5 that can fit into a level 8 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 16 Valkyries with four level 6 or higher Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle).
- In Norse mythology, Valkyries collect spirits of the dead to take to Valhalla, one of the Norse afterlives. Most depictions show them riding on horseback, however, in Clash of Clans, they do not ride horses and instead travel on foot.
- When the Valkyrie attacks, grass flies off from around her.
- In Clash Royale, the fur coat that she wears in her card artwork resembles a level 5 Valkyrie in Clash of Clans.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Area Splash 1 Tile Radius (Ground Only)||8||24||1.8s||3||0.5 tiles|
|Training Time of Valkyries|
|1 Dark Barracks||2 Dark Barracks|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Hit
||Laboratory Level Required|
Super Troop Boost
||Valkyrie Level Required|