Who is Witch?
Do you like this video?
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3 & 4||Level 5|
- The Witch is a single-target Dark Elixir troop in the Home Village that is unlocked once the Dark Barracks is upgraded to level 5 which requires Town Hall level 9. The Witch shoots blue projectiles at their target and can summon dead warriors from past battles, the Skeletons. Only a certain amount of Skeletons per Witch can be on the battlefield at the same time (see table below for details).
- The Witch has short purple hair that goes down to her shoulders and has glowing pink eyes. She wears two golden shoulder pieces, a golden belt, two gold bracelets, and a raggedy skirt. She also wears a raggedy purple cape and holds a staff with a goat's skull.
- Witches have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Witches will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- As she has low hitpoints, the Witch is recommended as a support troop, and should be placed near the back of an attack. Don't group Witches together or a Mortar may wipe them all out. Plus the Witch's Skeletons are good distractions to occupy defense buildings.
- A good idea is to include one or two Witches in your attack. Where needed, the Skeletons can tank and provide small bonuses to damage. At higher levels, the Witches can spawn tons of Skeletons, which makes it a good idea to include some for attacks like Yeti Smash or Super Archer Smash.
- Drop a couple of Giants as distractions, with a few Wall Breakers shortly after. Then add 1-3 Witches and they will spawn Skeletons to help the Giants. When the Giants and Witches finish destroying the defenses, drop 1-4 additional Wall Breakers (depending on level) along with 1-4 Witches and more Giants.
- The Witch's Skeletons can help low damage tanks like the Giant destroy buildings.
- The Witch's Skeletons can easily overwhelm defenses, though splash-damaging buildings (Mortars and Wizard Towers) can wipe them out just as easily as they can be raised.
- The Bomb Tower is the main defense to be aware of, as it can quickly decimate the attacking Skeletons if not supported, then lock onto the Witches. Once the Witches spawn another wave, the Bomb tower easily takes it out with its death bomb resulting in huge damage to the witch army. Make sure there are tanks like a Giant supporting the Witches so the Bomb Tower does not lock on to the Witches and Skeletons. Multi Target Inferno Towers and Scattershots also have the same threat.
- If you have strong enough Lightning Spells, take out one or two Multi Target Inferno Towers or Scattershots at the start of the raid. This will greatly decrease the base's splash damage capability. More Skeletons will then stay alive longer acting as a distraction for the defense and will let your stronger troops take care of the rest.
- If you see a Witch on defense, a single Lightning Spell or Poison Spell is a convenient option to prevent wave after wave of Skeletons continually distracting your offensive troops. If neither of these are available, luring the Witch out into the open and then swarming her with massed troops can be a good idea. The massed troops may all target the same Skeletons, though.
- Using an all-Witch army, while not recommended due to the extreme cost, can potentially topple most base designs if supported by spells. Due to the fact that large numbers of Witches can summon Skeletons numbering into the hundreds, most defenses will easily be swarmed. Mortars, Wizard Towers and Bomb Towers are amongst the few defenses that can handle the Skeleton swarm. Beware that even high-level Walls won't last long due to the additive damage of all the Skeletons. This strategy works as long as the Witches can reliably stay alive. Once the Witches start to die out, the Skeleton horde will drop in numbers which can result in a defeat, so it is still recommended to back them up with tanks such as the Golem.
- When trying to defend against Witches, the Giant Bomb can severely damage the Witches and kill off any nearby Skeletons in its radius.
- Bomb Towers are also good at defeating the Skeletons quickly, and damaging the Witches when destroyed.
- When defending in Clan Castles, Witches can be overwhelming if the attacker does not prepare for it (especially if there are two or more in the same Clan Castle). Their summoned Skeletons are excellent at swarming attackers, and can possibly take out a lone Barbarian King or Archer Queen even if they use their abilities (provided that the heroes don't target the Witch immediately after being deployed). That being said, the Witch is vulnerable against being swarmed by troops herself, as she has moderate hitpoints. and her Skeletons don't do splash damage. Complementing her with a Valkyrie or Baby Dragon can be a good idea to compensate for her weaknesses.
- Valkyries are themselves effective counters against Witches, as they can quickly take out the spawned Skeletons and move onto the Witch just as quickly.
- Witches are also weak against air attacks, as her Skeletons don't target air units. Dragons or Electro Dragons when used in attacking can easily take out defending Witches.
- When using Witches as part of your Clan Castle complement, place the Clan Castle behind Walls to protect her from being drawn out and killed easily.
- As Skeleton Traps are good for distracting P.E.K.K.As, so is a Witch. A protected Witch has the ability to destroy a P.E.K.K.A with ease.
- Asking for Giants with Witches is a great idea. With the same speed, the Giants will be able to take off some heat from the Witches until their Skeletons take over. This is, unless a Poison Spell will be used to kill the Witches.
- Usually, a Giant Bomb and a Bomb will kill a Witch of the equivalent level.
- Because the Skeletons do not activate traps, a Spring Trap is very effective at removing a single Witch from the map, provided that it is sufficient leveled.
- Initially, the Witch is a woman that has a magenta dress with slightly crumpled ends and a few holes. She carries a staff capped by the skull of a ram with golden horns. Her hair is purple and goes down almost to the bottom of her dress.
- At level 3, the Witch gains a golden headdress. Her dress loses the holes and smoothes itself out. Her staff gains two golden rings around the handle.
- At level 5, the Witch's gains a purple headpiece. Her staff's horns are now pink.
- The Witch was added in the July 29, 2013 update, with 2 levels.
- The August 27, 2013 update decreased the Witch's attack range from 5 tiles to 3 tiles.
- The December 10, 2015 "Town Hall 11" update added the level 3 Witch.
- The March 21, 2016 "Bowler" update reduced the Skeleton's HP from 40 to 30, and made it so that Skeletons no longer trigger traps.
- The May 4, 2016 balance update decreased the Witch's training time from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.
- The October 12, 2016 update decreased the Witch's training time from 10 minutes to 3 minutes so long as both Dark Barracks are Witch capable. The same update also greatly increased the Witch's hitpoints at all levels from 75/100/125 to 250/275/300.
- The December 19, 2016 update increased Witch's damage from 30/35/40 to 50/60/70, and increased her hitpoints from 250/275/300 to 270/300/330.
- The March 8, 2017 update increased Witch's spawning rate from 6 seconds to 5.6 seconds.
- The June 11, 2018 "Town Hall 12" gave the Witch an update:
- Added the level 4 Witch.
- Damage and hitpoints increased.
- Damage increased at levels 1-3 from 50/60/70 to 100/120/140.
- Hitpoints increased at levels 1-3 from 270/300/330 to 320/360/400.
- All levels now spawn 4 Skeletons at a time (max summoned skeletons unchanged).
- The June 26, 2018 balance changes reduced Witch's upgrade times at levels 2-3 from 10d/14d to 6d 12h/11d 12h.
- The October 23, 2018 "Clan War Leagues" update reduced the Witch's training cost at all levels, level 2 Witch's DPS and hitpoints reduced, and reduced the Witch's gem quick donation.
- Training cost at levels 1-4 reduced from 250/350/450/550 to 175/225/275/325.
- Level 2 Witch's DPS decreased from 120 to 110.
- Hitpoints at levels 1-2 reduced from 320/360 to 300/320.
- Gem quick donation reduced from 15 gems to 10 gems.
- The Witch received an update in April 2, 2019 Spring update:
- Added the level 5 Witch.
- Levels 3 and 4 are now available at TH10 and TH11 respectively.
- Reduced the Witch's upgrade times at levels 2-4 and reduced her training cost at levels 1-4.
- Upgrade times at levels 2-4 reduced from 6d 12h/11d 12h/14d to 6d/9d/12d.
- Training cost at levels 1-4 reduced from 175/225/275/325 to 125/150/175/225.
- The October 12, 2020 update reduced the Witch's upgrade times and costs.
- Upgrade times at levels 2-4 reduced from 6d/9d/12d to 5d/6d 12h/9d 12h.
- Upgrade costs at levels 2-4 reduced from 75,000/120,000/160,000 to 50,000/80,000/130,000.
- Although she appears to have no feet, which makes it seem like she is levitating, she is actually a ground troop and will not be attacked by Air Defenses, nor will she float over Walls like the Grand Warden.
- However, her Clash Royale counterpart walks instead.
- In the Japanese language setting of the game, the Witch is called "Necromancer" literally.
- Necromancy is a form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily. This is referenced in the descriptions stating that Skeletons are dead warriors from the past summoned by the Witch.
- You can have a maximum of 25 Witches at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 28 if you include the 3 that can fit into a level 8 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 12 Witches with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle).
- Unlike her counterpart in Clash Royale, the stats of the Skeletons do not increase when the Witch is upgraded.
- Although summoned Skeletons look very similar to Wall Breakers, they are more likely to be Barbarians because they have a similar look, stance and attacking style.
- If you observe carefully, the Witch looks similar to the Archer, only much more "zombified".
- Witches don't require any graves on the battlefield to summon Skeletons.
- Rage Spells don't speed up the Witch's Skeleton production.
- Some people mistake the Witch's cloak for her hair.
- When summoning Skeletons, the Witch glows green and raises her scepter.
- Supercell held a forums contest on August 2013 to see who could draw the best art of "What does the Witch do on her day off" to earn 2,500 gems. The winner of this contest was emiriic.
- Skeletons spawned by the Witch will not return to the Clan Castle during a defense.
- The summoned Skeletons make upon-death skeletons.
- During late October 2016, the Witch's training cost was temporarily reduced and its training time changed to 2 minutes to celebrate Halloween.
- There was a bug where the Witch would spawn Skeletons while walking and wouldn't stop to do so. She also spawned Skeletons at death similar to the Lava Hound mechanic. This was, unfortunately, a bug which was patched in the Builder Hall 6 update. But this gave birth to the Witch Slap strategy which was still relevant even after the removal of this mechanic.
- On August 18th 2017, the Witches took the role of being the Home Village's builders for the week, having replaced the Giants. While they were builders, they interacted with buildings at melee range, much unlike their ranged attacks. A week later, they were then replaced by the Wizards. Shrink Traps are available, another reference to her.
- The Witch and the Giant are the only troops to have relatives, which are the Night Witch and the Super Giant.
- Although the description states that upgraded Witches raise more Skeletons at a time, upgraded Witches only get an increase in the total Skeleton limit, not number of Skeletons spawned at a time.
- When the Witch was first released however, upgraded Witches did spawn more Skeletons at a time.
- The Witch is the Dark Elixir troop that requires the least amount of Dark Elixir to upgrade to max level, with 555,000 Dark Elixir needed to upgrade her from level 1 to level 5.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Summon Cooldown||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range||Skeletons per Summon|
|None||Area Splash 0.3 Tile Radius (Ground & Air)||12||12||0.7s||7s||5||4 tiles||4|
|Training Time of Witches|
|1 Dark Barracks||2 Dark Barracks|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Hit
||Maximum Skeletons Summoned
||Laboratory Level Required|
Super Troop Boost
||Witch Level Required|