Who is Witch?
Do you like this video?
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3 & 4||Level 5|
- The Witch is a splash-damaging Dark Elixir troop in the Home Village that is unlocked once the Dark Barracks is upgraded to level 5, which requires Town Hall level 9.
- The Witch shoots blue projectiles at their target and can summon dead warriors from past battles, the Skeletons. Only a certain amount of Skeletons per Witch can be summoned to the battlefield at the same time (see table below for details).
- The Witch has short purple hair that goes down to her shoulders and has glowing pink eyes. She wears two golden shoulder pieces, a golden belt, two gold bracelets, and a raggedy skirt. She also wears a raggedy purple cape and holds a staff with a goat's skull.
- Witches have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Witches will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- As she has low hitpoints, the Witch is recommended as a support troop, and should be placed near the back of an attack. Don't group Witches together or a Mortar may wipe them all out. Plus the Witch's Skeletons are good distractions to occupy defense buildings.
- A good idea is to include one or two Witches in your attack. Where needed, the Skeletons can tank and provide small bonuses to damage. At higher levels, the Witches can spawn tons of Skeletons, which makes it a good idea to include some for attacks like Yeti Smash, Super Archer Smash or BoWitch.
- Golems and Ice Golems are the preferred and recommended tank for witches as they do not have a need for extra DPS and P.E.K.K.As have marginally less hitpoints than the Golems. Giants have great synergy with the Witch Slap or other Witch based attacks also because Witches must be funnelled and deploying a few giants and 2-3 Witches at the start of an attack will do that beautifully.
- The Witch's Skeletons can help low damage tanks like the Giant, Golem or Ice Golem destroy buildings.
- The Witch's Skeletons can easily overwhelm defenses, though splash-damaging buildings (Mortars and Wizard Towers) can wipe them out just as easily as they can be raised. Keep in mind that the Mortar's fire rate, as slow as it is, is still faster than the spawn rate of the Witches skeletons.
- The Bomb Tower is the main defense to be aware of, as it can quickly decimate the attacking Skeletons if not supported, then lock onto the Witches. Once the Witches spawn another wave, the Bomb Tower easily takes it out with its death bomb resulting in huge damage to the witch army. Make sure there are tanks like a Giant supporting the Witches so the Bomb Tower does not lock on to the Witches and Skeletons. Multi-target Inferno Towers and Scattershots also have the same threat.
- If you have strong enough Lightning Spells, take out one or two Wizard Towers (or in higher levels, multi-target Inferno Towers or Scattershots) at the start of the raid. This will greatly decrease the base's splash damage capability. More Skeletons will then stay alive longer acting as a distraction for the defense and will let your stronger troops take care of the rest.
- If you see a Witch on defense, a single Lightning Spell or Poison Spell is a convenient option to prevent wave after wave of Skeletons continually distracting your offensive troops. If neither of these are available, luring the Witch out into the open and then swarming her with massed troops can be a good idea. The massed troops may all target the same Skeletons, though.
- Using an all-Witch army, while not recommended due to the extreme cost, can potentially topple most base designs if supported by spells. Due to the fact that large numbers of Witches can summon Skeletons numbering into the hundreds, most defenses will easily be swarmed. Mortars, Wizard Towers and Bomb Towers are amongst the few defenses that can handle the Skeleton swarm. Beware that even high-level Walls won't last long due to the additive damage of all the Skeletons. This strategy works as long as the Witches can reliably stay alive. Once the Witches start to die out, the Skeleton horde will drop in numbers which can result in a defeat, so it is still recommended to back them up with tanks such as the Golem.
- When trying to defend against Witches, the Giant Bomb can severely damage the Witches and kill off any nearby Skeletons in its radius.
- Bomb Towers are also good at defeating the Skeletons quickly, and damaging the Witches when destroyed.
- When defending in Clan Castles, Witches can be overwhelming if the attacker does not prepare for it (especially if there are two or more in the same Clan Castle). Their summoned Skeletons are excellent at swarming attackers, and can possibly take out a lone Barbarian King or Archer Queen even if they use their abilities (provided that the heroes don't target the Witch immediately after being deployed). That being said, the Witch is vulnerable against being swarmed by troops herself, as she has moderate hitpoints. and her Skeletons don't do splash damage. Complementing her with a Valkyrie or Baby Dragon can be a good idea to compensate for her weaknesses.
- Valkyries are themselves effective counters against Witches, as they can quickly take out the spawned Skeletons and move onto the Witch just as quickly. Other splash damage units, such as Wizards, can wipe out multiple Skeletons in one go.
- Witches are also weak against air attacks, as her Skeletons don't target air units. Dragons or Electro Dragons when used in attacking can easily take out defending Witches.
- When using Witches as part of your Clan Castle complement, place the Clan Castle behind Walls to protect her from being drawn out and killed easily.
- As Skeleton Traps are good for distracting P.E.K.K.As, so is a Witch. A protected Witch has the ability to destroy a P.E.K.K.A with ease.
- Asking for Giants with Witches is a great idea. Because Giants get deployed before Witches, the Giants will be able to take off some heat from the Witches until their Skeletons take over. This is, unless a Poison Spell will be used to kill the Witches.
- Usually, a Giant Bomb and a Bomb will kill a Witch of the equivalent level.
- Because the Skeletons do not activate traps, a Spring Trap is very effective at removing a single Witch from the map, provided that it is level 2 or higher.
- Initially, the Witch is a woman that has a magenta dress with slightly crumpled ends and a few holes. She carries a staff capped by the skull of a ram with golden horns. Her hair is purple and goes down almost to the bottom of her dress.
- At level 3, the Witch gains a golden headdress. Her dress loses the holes and smoothes itself out. Her staff gains two golden rings around the handle.
- At level 5, the Witch's gains a purple headpiece. Her staff's horns are now pink.
|November 26, 2012||iron999gary suggested adding a necromancer.|
|July 28, 2013||Announced the Witch.|
|July 29, 2013||Added the Witch, with 2 levels.|
|August 27, 2013||Decreased the Witch's attack range from 5 tiles to 3 tiles.|
|December 10, 2015||Added the level 3 Witch.|
|March 21, 2016|
|May 4, 2016||Decreased the Witch's training time from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.|
|October 12, 2016||
|October 25, 2016||Temporarily reduced Witch's training cost and time to 2 minutes to celebrate Halloween.|
|November 2, 2016||Reversed Witch's training cost and time.|
|December 19, 2016||
|March 8, 2017||Increased Witch's spawning rate from 6 seconds to 5.6 seconds.|
|August 18, 2017||Witches took the role of being the Home Village's builders for the week, having replaced the Giants. While they were builders, they interacted with buildings at melee range, much unlike their ranged attacks. A week later, they were then replaced by the Wizards.|
|June 11, 2018||
|June 26, 2018||
|October 23, 2018||
|April 2, 2019||
|October 12, 2020|
|April 12, 2021||Reduced the Witch's base training time from 6 minutes to 4 minutes.|
|December 9, 2021||Reduced the upgrade times of level 2-3 Witches.|
- Although she appears to have no feet, which makes it seem like she is levitating, she is actually a ground troop and will not be attacked by Air Defenses, nor will she float over Walls like the Grand Warden.
- However, her Clash Royale counterpart walks instead.
- In the Japanese language setting of the game, the Witch is called "Necromancer" literally.
- Necromancy is a form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily. This is referenced in the descriptions stating that Skeletons are dead warriors from the past summoned by the Witch.
- You can have a maximum of 25 Witches at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 28 if you include the 3 that can fit into a level 8 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 12 Witches with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle), for a total of 40 Witches.
- Unlike her counterpart in Clash Royale, the stats of the Skeletons do not increase when the Witch is upgraded.
- Although summoned Skeletons look very similar to Wall Breakers, they are more likely to be Barbarians because they have a similar look, stance and attacking style.
- Many fans mistake the Witch's cloak for her hair.
- Supercell held a forums contest on August 5, 2013 to see who could draw the best art of "What does the Witch do on her day off" to earn 2,500 gems. The winner of this contest was emiriic.
- If you observe carefully, the Witch looks similar to the Archer, only much more "zombified".
- Witches don't require any graves on the battlefield to summon Skeletons.
- Rage Spells don't speed up the Witch's Skeleton production.
- Skeletons spawned by the Witch will not return to the Clan Castle during a defense.
- The summoned Skeletons make upon-death skeletons.
- There was a bug where the Witch would spawn Skeletons while walking and wouldn't stop to do so. She also spawned Skeletons at death similar to the Lava Hound mechanic. This was, unfortunately, a bug which was patched in the Builder Hall 6 update. But this gave birth to the Witch Slap attack strategy which was still relevant even after the removal of this mechanic.
- The Witch is mentioned to have created the spell involved in the Shrink Trap.
- The Witch is revealed to be Night Witch's sister, according to the Night Witch Karaoke Contest video and the Night Witch's description.
- Although the description states that upgraded Witches raise more Skeletons at a time, upgraded Witches only get an increase in the total Skeleton limit, not number of Skeletons spawned at a time.
- When the Witch was first released however, upgraded Witches did spawn more Skeletons at a time.
- The Witch is the Dark Elixir troop that requires the least amount of Dark Elixir to upgrade to max level, with 555,000 Dark Elixir needed to upgrade her from level 1 to level 5.
- Despite the Witch being a Dark Elixir troop. The Witch will make a regular elixir explosion upon being defeated.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Summon Cooldown||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range||Skeletons per Summon|
|None||Area Splash 0.3 Tile Radius (Ground & Air)||12||12||0.7s||7s||5||4 tiles||4|
|Training Time of Witches|
|1 Dark Barracks||2 Dark Barracks|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Hit
||Maximum Skeletons Summoned
||Laboratory Level Required|
Super Troop Boost
||Witch Level Required|