Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Skeletons are sub-troops spawned by the Witch. They are similar to Barbarians in attack damage, but have lower health and move faster.
- Skeletons have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Skeletons will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- They can be a good tank for single damage defense buildings in large numbers, but are vulnerable to splash damage.
- Skeletons are considered to take up 1 housing space for the purpose of determining its interactions with the Spring Trap, Tornado Trap and Clone Spell.
- Skeletons are unable to trigger Traps, nor can they cause the Clan Castle to activate and deploy its troops (if any). However, they can be harmed by Traps if another troop triggers them. Skeletons are able to trigger Hidden Teslas even though they are undetectable by traps.
- Try to avoid splash damaging defenses (like Wizard Towers and Mortars) to keep your Skeletons alive.
- Skeletons can act as a "bone shield" to Witches, protecting them from other defenses.
- Witches in your Clan Castle spawns skeletons on the defense.
- Single-target defenses like Cannons can be overwhelmed by Skeletons (especially if the single-target defense cannot one-shot the Skeleton), which means splash-damaging defenses like the Mortar, the Wizard Tower and the Bomb Tower are your defense's best chance of eliminating hordes of these sub-troops. Have Mortars and Wizard Towers as high-leveled as possible; they can be able to one-shot Skeletons and this leaves the Witch vulnerable to the defenses. Inferno Towers set to multi-target mode are also good at eliminating a few Skeletons at a time.
- Skeletons cannot target air troops, so an army of Minions or a Dragon inside the Clan Castle can easily clear them.
- While they cannot activate traps, they are still affected from them. Bombs and Giant Bombs can wipe out an army of Skeletons, provided that another troop activates them.
- The Skeletons were added in the July 29, 2013 update.
- The March 21, 2016 "Bowler" update reduced the Skeleton's HP and made it so that Skeletons no longer trigger traps.
- The June 11, 2018 "Town Hall 12" update made it so that Witch at all levels now spawn 4 Skeletons at a time (max summoned skeletons unchanged).
- Like the Lava Pup, the Skeleton's stats or appearance do not change when the Witch is upgraded.
- You can have a maximum of 644 Skeletons fighting for you on the battlefield at any one time. Of these, 392 Skeletons come from 28 maximum-level Witches (25 from fully upgraded Army Camps and 3 from a level 8 Clan Castle) that spawn 14 Skeletons each, and the other 252 come from 14 max-level Skeleton Spells (11 from your spell storage and the other 3 donated into the same Clan Castle), that spawn 18 Skeletons each.
- If you consider the time period when the temporary Skeleton Barrel troop was available, this number is increased to 1,293 Skeletons, from 60 Skeleton Barrels in a Town Hall 13 army (spawning 15 Skeletons each, for a total of 900), three maxed Clan Castle Witches (14 each, for a total of 42), three maxed Clone Spells to clone 18 more Skeleton Barrels (for 270 more Skeletons) and nine more Skeletons in the remaining cloning capacity, and 4 maxed Skeleton Spells (which spawn 18 each, for a total of 72).
- When you have a Witch in your Clan Castle, and it creates Skeletons during a defense, the Skeletons that were made do not go back into the Clan Castle.
- The Skeleton appears to be identical to the Skeletons that are spawned via the Skeleton Trap when set to ground mode.
- The Skeleton is the only sub-troop to have more than one parent troop, the Witch, the Drop Ship and the temporary Skeleton Barrel.
- As one of the six sub-troops (the others being the Golemite, Lava Pup, Yetimite, Big Boy and Ice Pup), it cannot be trained, placed or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the parent Troops can).
- The Skeleton is one of the two sub-troops that is summoned- rather than spawned upon a certain health reached (the other being the Big Boy) by its parent troop, and one of the two sub-troops that is not a smaller version of its parent troop.
- The Skeleton is one of the three permanent troops you cannot level up, the other ones being the Lava Pups and Bats.
- The Skeleton is the only sub-troop that can be spawned by a troop, a spell and a trap,
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range|
|None||Melee (Ground Only)||24||1s||0.4 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints|